My last blog post briefly mentioned a few stats in closing and today I thought it would be fun to take a closer look at Foodie for Two’s most popular posts in 2011. Starting at ten and counting down to one, here are the top ten most viewed posts from last year.
Eat well and share the love!
10. Book Club: Gluten-free Quinoa Salad
Inspired by Good Earth’s Chicken Marco Polo with broccoli, raisins, walnuts, onions and a walnut Dijon vinaigrette.
9. New England Clam Chowder
Well tested and simplified for the home kitchen with rich and deep flavor.
8. Fisheries…Wild-caught… Farm-raised… Sustainability…Huh?
The only informational piece I posted, reviews the basic fish facts with reputable resources
7. Vegetable Shots at the Bergman’s
Featured in several blogs last year, it’s only fitting the Bergman’s are in the top ten; inspired by an appetizer that Holly served at my belated birthday dinner.
6. Memorial Day BBQ: Buttermilk & Sage Brined Chicken
Here’s an easy recipe for grilling chicken; the overnight brining keeps the meat juicy and moist.
5. Passover Traditions: Adele’s Matzo Ball Soup
What an honor that the recipe from my late mother-in-law, Adele, is one of the five most popular!
4. Memorial Day: Grilled Corn with Honey Jalapeño Butter
Grilling is a great way to get lots of caramelized flavor, and corn on the cob is no exception.
3. Cinco de Mayo: Slow-cooked Carne Seca
Our favorite regional dish from Tucson; London broil is slow cooked, shredded and mixed with sautéed onions, Poblano peppers and tomatoes.
2. Easy Weeknight Meal: Gourmet Tuna Melts
I have to admit that I was surprised by the popularity of this one! Inspired from a simple idea for a fabulous lunch.
1. Memorial Day Dessert: Strawberry Granita with Whipped Cream
Considering my love of sweets, I am very pleased that a dessert made the number one spot. When you combine whipped cream and strawberry granita it tastes just like ice cream, a rich and decadent treat.
I look forward to sharing many more in 2012!